US Online Casinos
Online Casinos for US Players
Not all online casinos accept players from the US. This is due to legality issues regarding processing payments related to gambling from the U.S. In 2006 the Unlawful Internet Gaming Enforcement Act, also known as UIGEA was put into place. In short, UIGEA means that banks cannot transfer funds that are related to online gambling. However, it is not illegal for U.S players themselves to gamble online and there are a number of online casinos, sportsbooks, poker rooms and other gambling sites online that accept players from the U.S. We have played at and made deposits/withdrawals from all of the Online Casinos we list on this site to give our readers a choice of the best US online casinos.
Is gambling in the U.S legal?
Playing at online casinos is not illegal for players in the U.S. The main limitations are put on the online casinos themselves and whether or not they can accept U.S players. After UIGEA was passed in 2006, many U.S friendly online casinos closed and/or stopped accepting players from the U.S. However, many trustworthy and solid online casinos have now started to accept U.S players and there is a lot more choice for people residing in the U.S. We always recommend checking your local state laws and deposit/withdrawal options at any online casino prior to making a deposit.
Can I deposit and withdraw at US Online Casinos?
Yes. There are a number of methods players can now choose from to transfer funds to and from their accounts at casinos that accept U.S players. Most accept credit/debit cards and there are an increasing number of ewallets being added to many online casinos methods.
How do we choose the best US online casinos?
Our U.S casino ratings are based on a number of factors which we will talk a little bit about here.
- Security – This is by far the main focus in determining which online casino to sign up to. All the online casinos we list on this site are 100% secure and you can be confident that your funds and details are safe. Unfortunately, not all online casinos are 100% safe so please do you research before depositing your money or choose one of the casinos we have vetted and list on OnlineCasinoPromotions.com.
- Customer Support – Most people thankfully never need to contact customer support but it is extremely helpful that if you do, you’re talking to someone who knows how to solve your problem. Response time, methods of support, support opening hours and staff knowledge are just a few of the factors that determine if a casinos support is up to standard.
- Deposit & Withdrawal Options – U.S players may be limited to deposit and withdrawal options due to UIGEA and so it is important that U.S friendly online casinos have a range of options for them to process transactions to and from their account. The use of eWallets are becoming increasingly popular as a way of transferring funds quickly and securely and so it makes sense that online casinos should include as many of these as possible as transaction methods.
- Bonuses & Promotions – Online casino promotions and bonuses are what we’re all about. We love them. They can earn you a nice little extra on the side of your normal betting without having to risk your own money. However, not all bonuses and promotions are the same. Some come with wagering requirements, some require you to make a deposit and some just simply aren’t worth the effort. However, there are some gems out there and all these factors get included into our reviews and ratings for the best U.S casinos.
- Game variety & Graphics – Most players have a favorite game or one they tend to play more than the rest. Be it slots, blackjack, roulette or craps. Most online casinos nowadays tend to have a great selection of games but some casinos do specialize in certain areas. If you’re interested in a certain game such as slots then it may be a good idea to find a casino which specializes in this and has a larger selection of slots than most.
- Gaming Software – Many online casinos use the same gaming software and so you’ll find many of the same games across different casino sites. There are a few main gaming software companies which you will see often. These are Real Time Gaming (RTG), Playtech, Microgaming and Net Entertainment (NETENT). However, there are lots more. If you are interested in reading more of each gaming software provider and which U.S online casinos operate with them take a look at our gaming software reviews.
- Payout Percentages – Theres no point playing at an online casino that doesn’t pay out, so it is important to find one that has a high general payout percentage. Most top U.S online casinos have a similar payout percentage. Somewhere in the 96%-99% region. Therefore, so long as you stick to playing at our recommended casinos, you should notice much different in winnings over time.